Hi - the new Bounce flavours have been totally inspiring me in the kitchen recently! I have been loving both the Cacao Raspberry and Cashew Caramel balls and, as much as I love to enjoy them as a snack, have also been using the interesting combinations in my cooking! I whipped up some Cacao, Raspberry and Rose Tarts on the weekend and they were a massive hit with both friends and family. They’re vegan, gluten-free and incorporate superfoods like coconut oil and raw cacao powder. I’ve also included the subtle flavour of rose petals and rosemary flowers as I’ve been loving edible flowers recently - and I’m lucky enough to have both of these growing in my garden! Do some research and you’ll be surprised just how many of the flowers in your garden you can eat and what better time to experiment with edible flowers than spring! Hope you love my recipe, don’t forget to tag @healthforhappy and @bounce_aus on Instagram if you try it out! #grablife
Cacao, Raspberry and Rose Tarts (makes 4)
- ½ cup dried dates, soaked in boiling water for 10 mins (or use fresh pitted dates)
- ½ cup almonds
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp raw cacao powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp shredded coconut
- 2 bananas, ripe
- 1 tbsp raspberries
- 2 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 2 large rose petals
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Place all case ingredients except for shredded coconut into a food processor. Blend until mixture comes together and is sticky.
- Press mixture into lined or silicone muffin tins, pushing firmly and upwards to create edges.
- Sprinkle bottom with shredded coconut and place into freezer to set.
- Meanwhile, place filling ingredients into food processor/blender and blend until smooth.
- Spoon filling into cases and sprinkle with edible flowers and cacao nibs. Place in refrigerator to set for at least 10 minutes before serving.