Today I wanted to share with you one of my favourite plant-powered recipes – a Plant Protein Salad (that doesn’t suck!). I often find myself leaning away from salads if they aren’t filling and I sometimes struggle to find protein in plant-based sources. This recipe is great because it ticks both of those boxes! Chickpeas and seeds are great sources of vegetarian/vegan protein. I’ve added some delicious flavours to keep the salad interesting, healthy and tasty. I love pairing this salad with a Bounce Berry Coconut Plant Protein ball to ensure I’m hitting my protein goals for the day. I hope you love!
Plant Protein Salad (serves 2-3)
1 can chickpeas
2/3 cup pumpkin, diced into 2cm cubes
2 tbsp olive oil
2 cups spinach
½ a tomato, deseeded
1 small cucumber, sliced
¼ cup sunflower seeds
¼ cup pepitas
¼ cup vegetable or olive oil
3 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp coconut sugar
2 tbsp lime juice
- Preheat the oven to 220C.
- Rinse and drain chickpeas and spread evenly on a lined baking tray. Sprinkle with a pinch of salt and drizzle with 1 tbsp olive oil. Bake for 20 minutes or until mildly crunchy.
- Spread pumpkin on a separate lined baking tray with remaining olive oil and a pinch of salt. Bake for 30 minutes or until cooked.
- Mix all other salad ingredients.
- Mix dressing ingredients and place aside.
- When chickpeas and pumpkin are cooked, add them to salad mixture.
- Serve and drizzle dressing on top. Enjoy!