Peanut Butter Cacao Oats
If you’re one of those people that finds themselves hungry only a few hours after breakfast, this one’s for you. I completely feel your pain - I’m always that person who’s snacking in between breakfast and lunch, and I’ve found that this habit can sometimes lead to unhealthy choices when I don’t have healthy snacks on me. Although it can be hard to find filling, healthy breakfast options, I’ve found that adding a @bounce_aus protein ball into my breakfast really helps to boost the protein content of my first meal - keeping me energised and full. I’ve been loving the new plant-based Peanut Butter and Cacao protein ball and have created this recipe for a healthy (and filling!) breakfast based on the delicious flavours. I hope you love and that this little hack helps you #grablife!
Healthy Peanut Butter and Cacao Oats
- ½ cup quick oats
- 1 cup boiling water
- ¼ cup non-dairy milk
- 1 heaped tsp cacao powder
- 1 tbsp natural peanut butter
- 1 Bounce Peanut Butter & Cacao ball, diced
- 2 strawberries (quartered)
- 1 tsp coconut oil (melted)
- 1 tsp rice malt syrup/maple syrup/honey
- 2 tsp cacao powder
- Stir together oats and boiling water in a microwave safe bowl. Cook in microwave for 90 seconds. Alternatively, place into saucepan and cook on medium-high heat until water is absorbed.
- Pour non-dairy milk into oats and stir through. This both cools the oats and makes them extra creamy.
- Stir through cacao powder and top with peanut butter, Bounce Peanut Butter & Cacao ball and strawberries.
- To make the chocolate sauce, mix all ingredients together, adjusting to taste. If it is too gluggy (sometimes this happens if the coconut oil begins to cool), add in small amounts of boiling water and stir through. It should be dark and glossy.
- Pour chocolate sauce over oats.
- Serve and enjoy!