Healthy Indulgence Hot Chocolate
Who else has been super pumped about Bounce’s new flavours of protein energy balls - Cashew Caramel and Cacao Raspberry and! I’m honestly OBSESSED. Who knew protein balls could come in such gourmet dessert-like flavours!? I’ve been finding myself super inspired by the new awesome flavours and have been busy in the kitchen making all sorts of delicious sweet (and healthy) treats. This one has quickly become one of my favourite after-work indulgences to keep me warm on these wintry evenings - Healthy Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate. It uses nourishing ingredients like raw cacao powder and coconut oil, is completely dairy free, and uses unrefined sugars. I LOVE this drink paired with a Bounce ball for a scrumptious treat. Hope you love! Ps - double the caramel sauce recipe and keep some in the fridge for porridge etc. later on in the week!
Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 2 cups non-dairy milk (I used cashew milk, in keeping with the theme!)
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- 3 tsp coconut sugar
- ¼ cup vegan chocolate chips
Salted Caramel Sauce
- 1 tbsp coconut cream
- 1/8 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla bean extract
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- Pinch of salt
- Heat milk, cacao, coconut sugar and chocolate chips in a saucepan over medium heat. Whisk regularly until chocolate and sugar are dissolved.
- Meanwhile, microwave (or heat in a separate saucepan over medium heat) caramel sauce ingredients for 50 seconds, or until melted and combined.
- Once hot chocolate is ready, mix through the salted caramel sauce, saving 2 tbsp for a drizzle on top of each mug. Top with whipped coconut cream (yes!! this is a thing that exists!), chocolate shavings and a drizzle of caramel sauce, and enjoy!