Chocolate Coconut Eggs
Hi everyone! I just love Easter time and all things Easter-food related – give me a hot cross bun and a cup of tea any day! With chocolate being a main feature in most Easter treats, it’s been my challenge this year to try and come up with some recipes that still feel like treats, but are a little bit healthier. And in comes the Chocolate Coconut Egg. This recipe uses flavours from some of my favourite Bounce balls, like caramel and almond butter, to create the most delicious and rich, but still healthy, Easter treat. I hope you love!
Chocolate Coconut Eggs (makes approx. 10 eggs)
- 5 cups coconut flakes
- ½ cup rolled oats
- 4 tbsp rice malt syrup
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- 2 tbsp coconut oil (melted)
- Pinch of salt.
- 4 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 4 tbsp coconut oil (melted)
- 2 tbsp rice malt syrup
- Blend coconut flakes and oats until they resemble a fine crumb.
- Mix in liquid ingredients and salt. Stir to combine. The mixture should be slightly sticky and clump together.
- Push mixture into plastic egg moulds and place in fridge for approx. 15 minutes or until hard.
- Combine chocolate coating ingredients in a bowl.
- When ready, take coconut mixture eggs out of moulds. Dip the eggs into the chocolate coating.
- Place back in the refrigerator for approx. 15 minutes or until chocolate is set. Serve and enjoy!